Monday, April 30, 2007

Back to blogging

Hello again


Its been six weeks since I shut down my blog which had run a year on blogger, five months since the coup of 5th December 2006.

I am resuming blogging, but not on blogger, (see my wordpress blog)

While it seems that the threat to a fellow blogger (who is not anonymous) whom I'd linked to was likely a hoax, I stepped back from blogging as about 20 new Fiji blogs emerged and the coup continued to develop. I want to thank especially everyone who sent in emails and expressed their concern about what is happening in Fiji and the events leading to the temporary deletion of the blog. The Emergency Decree is still in place, there is no change on that, yet. However it is important that we in Fiji continue to talk about what is happening here. Six weeks away from blogging didn't bring an epiphany as to the solution to Fiji's problem, except that we in Fiji must participate in that resolution, so I am resuming bloggin.


March and April saw the Pacific Islands Forum Foreign Ministers Meeting in Vanuatu and the dialogue between the interim government and the European Union in Brussels.

We are once again seemingly in limbo as the interim government continues to try to make its own way in the face of very clear resolutions from the Pacific Islands Forum, the European Union, the United States and the international community, the purge of statutory boards and 'undesirable' government workers. The Great Council of Chiefs continues to remain suspended after it rejected the President's nomination for the vacant Vice President position. Travel bans continue to bite the Interim Government.

I will blog more in the days to come. In the meantime, bravo to those who continue to write and talk about what is happening and discuss how we can help our nation.

V3



PS: If you would like the blog to link back to your site, drop me a line, either by email or a comment (moderated).

No comments: